Perfectly capturing the feeling of trying to work out what had gone on the night before, this is an enjoyable romp from the makers of Old School. The movie swerves drastically from inspired comic sequences and one-liners to poor scenes and gags that just don’t hit the mark. It strikes me as a movie where they decided to throw everything in there with the belief that if the first jokes doesn’t get you, the second will or the third, etc. This leads to the jokes hitting and missing all over the place. On the whole, it is good fun but the laughs don’t exactly come thick and fast. Zach Galifianakis easily steals the show, as the scarily weird future brother-in-law and I saw nothing of Bradley Cooper that suggested to me he would make a great Face in the upcoming A-Team movie. Apparently a sequel is in the pipeline, which I think can only dredge the jokes up that were not funny enough to have been thought of for the first.
My Rating: 2.5/5
- @LASTEXITshirts Rudolf the red nose replicant has a very shiny genetically designed nose 🎼 1 hour ago
- @MatskiWM @Loxley_1975 #ChristmasIsComing https://t.co/4qERzzwZqX 5 hours ago
- @The_SevenFive great documentary 👍 How has Scorsese not yet made a movie of this?! 🎥👮♂️💵💰😲 17 hours ago
- @Film4 Watching it now! How has Scorsese not made a movie of this yet?! 17 hours ago
- @michaeljbailey We are on tv on 6th jan aren’t we? 23 hours ago