Perfectly capturing the feeling of trying to work out what had gone on the night before, this is an enjoyable romp from the makers of Old School. The movie swerves drastically from inspired comic sequences and one-liners to poor scenes and gags that just don’t hit the mark. It strikes me as a movie where they decided to throw everything in there with the belief that if the first jokes doesn’t get you, the second will or the third, etc. This leads to the jokes hitting and missing all over the place. On the whole, it is good fun but the laughs don’t exactly come thick and fast. Zach Galifianakis easily steals the show, as the scarily weird future brother-in-law and I saw nothing of Bradley Cooper that suggested to me he would make a great Face in the upcoming A-Team movie. Apparently a sequel is in the pipeline, which I think can only dredge the jokes up that were not funny enough to have been thought of for the first.
My Rating: 2.5/5
- 😅🏃took 7 mins off my #10k PB @runforall #Nottingham and came in at 57:38 😁#runforall 3 hours ago
- #30daymoviechallenge day 16 https://t.co/9YoayCu0Xj 7 hours ago
- #30daymoviechallenge day 15 https://t.co/aj7kQqqUPZ 18 hours ago
- RT @paulmac708: 10 V 10 Comedy Film Battles ROUND 6 LIKE for the list on the LEFT by @Hystirycal RT for the list on the RIGHT by @peacepu… 18 hours ago
- Watching #FACup final? Love football? Read on... https://t.co/MsV5BW2myM 20 hours ago